Bihar Political Crisis: Parties met on Saturday to assess the situation as a political storm develops in Bihar due to rumours that Nitish Kumar may be teaming up with the BJP. The RJD gave Lalu Yadav the authority to make decisions about state politics during a meeting.
Tejashwi Yadav, the deputy chief minister of Bihar, reportedly told ANI that the RJD has always appreciated Nitish Kumar. Tejashwi remarked, “Nitish Kumar is not in control of many things.” Reports state that there was a consensus at the conference that the game in Bihar is still ongoing. It has been requested that RJD MLAs stay in Patna and not turn off their phones.
How is Nitish Kumar going to act?
Bhupesh Baghel, the former chief minister of Chhattisgarh, has been dispatched to Patna. To serve as a senior observer of all that goes on there.
The Congress stated that they have been attempting to get in touch with Nitish Kumar. Mallikarjun Kharge called Nitish Kumar multiple times, but he was in a meeting. When the chief minister of Bihar called back, the president of the Congress was preoccupied and they were unable to speak at that time. According to Congress national secretary Jairam Ramesh.
The top Updates on the Bihar Political Crisis thus far
- Tejashwi hinted at a number of unexpected occurrences during the party’s meeting on Saturday. “What was Bihar like before 2005? The Chief Minister used to sit with me on the stage and ask.” I never gave a reaction. We have more folks with us now. We completed all that needed to be done in the next twenty years quickly, including raising reservations, hiring more people, and conducting caste censuses. Tejashwi stated, “‘Bihar mein abhi khel hona baki hain’ (The game is yet to begin in Bihar),” according to ANI.
- In response to the rumors, Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge stated, “Are they (JD(U)) going out? As of yet, I have not heard anything about it. I’ve tried to communicate with them and have written them a letter. I am not really sure what’s going through their brains.
- According to Giriraj Singh, the BJP is monitoring the political events in Bihar. “Neither Nitish Kumar nor Lalu Yadav have declared that they will be departing. In this case, what can the Bharatiya Janata Party say? Giriraj Singh said.
- In the presence of Chirag Pawan, the head of the Lok Janshankti Party (Ram Vilas). BJP president JP Nadda met with Union Home Minister Amit Shah. “First, it should be cleared whether Nitish Kumar is coming to NDA and if he is coming. Then the time of it,” Chirag stated following the meeting.
- With all this political turmoil, where is Nitish Kumar? Nitish Kumar started the second phase of development works in Buxar’s Brahmpur on Saturday, conducting business as usual.
- JD(U) leader KC Tyagi alleged that Nitish Kumar was humiliated by Congress on several occasions. The JD(U) leader claimed that although Nitish Kumar never cared about a position inside the coalition, some members of the Congress leadership have humiliated him. Despite being named the INDIA bloc convener, Nitish Kumar declined the position.
- Leading the ‘Mahagathbandhan’ of the Congress and three Left parties save the JD(U), the RJD has 79 MLAs, making it the largest party in the Bihar Assembly. The JD(U) will be eight members short of the majority if it leaves the Mahagathbandhan.