ICC CWC 2023 Final, IND vs AUS: In the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 final at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, Australia defeated India by 6 wickets after the Men in Blue set a goal of 240 runs in 50 overs for Australia. Australia’s pursuit of the objective in the second innings of the match could make for an exciting contest. Still, the sluggish pitch may help bowlers, and India could find it difficult to defend the target in the absence of dew.
Australia Wins their 6th World Cup by 6 Wickets
India had to grind their way to 240 all out as Australia was spot on both in the field and with the ball. India’s Rohit Sharma stated that they would have batted first even if Australia’s skipper Pat Cummins had won the toss and elected to bowl first. As usual, Rohit got off to a blistering start, but Shubman Gill, who had an incredible record in Ahmedabad across all formats, was knocked out early by Mitchell Starc. Virat Kohli entered the game with all guns blazing, but three runs short of his half-century, Travis Head made a sensational catch, and Rohit fell to Glenn Maxwell shortly after.
In the following over, Cummins got the highly effective Shreyas Iyer, and Kohli and KL Rahul attempted to right the Indian ship. After the tenth over, the boundaries virtually dried up, and Kohli was out for 54 off 63. Rahul then made an attempt to finish the innings, but in the 36th over, elevated before Suryakumar Yadav. Ravindra Jadeja collapsed, dealing further blow to India. He scored a half-century with SKY providing support, marking the final encounter between acknowledged Indian batsmen. Rahul eventually fell on 66 off 107 against Starc. India was dismissed for 240 in 50 overs as Mohammed Siraj and Kuldeep Yadav combined to score 14 runs for the final wicket.
With Mohammed Shami taking the new ball rather than Mohammed Siraj, Team India got off to a strong defensive start. David Warner was sent back after he struck with the second ball of his opening over. Mitchell Marsh was then removed from the game by Jasprit Bumrah. Despite their high cost, both bowlers were successful in stopping two of Australia’s most potent top-order hitters.
Opener Travis Head struck a magnificent century to spearhead Australia’s comeback after a wobbly start. While Marnus Labuschagne patiently scored 57 off 109 balls. Australia defeated Rohit and Co. by six wickets thanks to the second-highest run partnership in the World Cup final. They prolonging their trophy drought in the ICC competitions. Superstar Head’s incredible 137-run innings against the home team at the Narendra Modi Stadium earned him the title of Player of the Match. Virat Kohli of India was voted the World Cup’s Player of the Year.
ICC CWC 2023 Final: IND vs AUS Highlights
- After winning the toss, Australia decided to bowl first.
- As usual, Rohit got off to a fast start, while Shubman Gill fell short quickly.
- After that, Australia responded with a vengeance thanks to the wickets of Rohit and the highly effective Shreyas Iyer, but Virat Kohli came out firing.
- KL and Kohli After that, Rahul found it difficult to escape, and even though he got another fifty. Then he was ultimately caught by Pat Cummins.
- After Rahul put up a solid half-century, Ravindra Jadeja was dismissed.
- Additionally, Suryakumar Yadav was unable to produce a strong finish.
- Kuldeep Yadav and Mohammed Siraj led India to a score of 240.
- After Bumrah gave up 15 runs in the opening over. David Warner was removed by Shami with the very second ball of the game.
- Bumrah grabbed two more, dismissing Steve Smith and Mitchell Marsh within the opening ten overs.
- Travis Head orchestrated a stunning recovery. Hitting a century in only 95 balls to lead Australia to 185/3 in 33.5 overs.
- In the 40th over, Marnus Labuschagne reaches his eleventh half-century in 99 balls.
- In 43 overs, Head’s 137-run innings helped Australia defeat India by six wickets.