Highlights of the ENG vs. NZ match, Cricket World Cup 2023: Tom Latham, the acting captain of New Zealand, won the toss and decided to bowl first. While Joe Root was the center of England’s innings, wickets were lost often. The top partnership for England was his 70 runs off 72 balls with skipper Jos Buttler. Deep-batting England suffered six-wicket losses before the 40th over. They eventually found themselves in serious trouble when Root fell for 77 off 86. England struggled through the final 10 overs but ultimately managed to reach a total of 282/9 in 50 overs.
Despite losing an early wicket, Rachin Ravindra and Devon Conway helped New Zealand score a number of goals. In the end, Conway completed his century in just 83 deliveries, and Ravindra also reached the century mark. As was predicted, England was without Ben Stokes for the opening ODI of the World Cup, and Kane Williamson was also absent.
New Zealand defeated the reigning champions by 9 wickets thanks to opening batsman Conway’s 152* off 121 balls and youngster Ravindra’s stroke-filled 123* (96) effort at the Narendra Modi Stadium. The best bowler was Matt Henry of New Zealand, who took three wickets and gave up 48 runs in 10 overs. But Ravindra won Player of the Match honors for his amazing century against the reigning champs.
ENG vs. NZ World Cup 2023 match
The following are some important events of the ENG vs. NZ World Cup 2023 match
1. After dropping an early wicket, New Zealand went on to defeat England by nine wickets thanks to centuries from Rachin Ravindra and Devon Conway.
2. When it came time to chase down the mark of 283, New Zealand did so in just 36.2 overs thanks to the pair’s 273-run partnership.
3. Rachin Ravindra scored 123* (96) against the reigning champions, while Devon Conway scored 152 off 121 balls to remain undefeated.
4. In the first World Cup match, England lost wickets continuously just when it appeared they could have formed a solid combination.
5. Joe Root was out after making 77 in 86 balls, and England finished with a total of 282/9 after 50 overs.
Devon Conway or Rachin Ravindra? The player of the Match is…
In the opening World Cup match, Devon Conway and Rachin Ravindra put on a 273-run partnership that gave New Zealand a 9-wicket victory against the reigning champions. Ravindra scored 123 runs off just 96 balls to win Player of the Match honors.